Monday, June 29, 2009

Check on me.. K Mom?

I've been thinking a lot about Alex lately, and thinking about some of my favorite things about his childhood, that at the time, seemed like a pain. This habit started when he was tiny and we lived in Boutiful, and continued, even when we moved into our house in Midvale. Alex's bedroom was right across the hall from mine, and when I tucked him in, we left the hall light on and his bedroom door cracked. Every night he would ask me to check on him. I would say "ok!" Then... if I wasn't back to peek into the door to check within just a few minutes, he would shout.. "Check on me, k Mom?" and he would wait for a response. This would continue until he finally drifted off to sleep.


At the time.. all I wanted was for him to go to sleep, but now I look back and just wish, for one night.. I could check on him. I wonder if that will be super annoying when he comes home, and I insist on checking on him.

I wonder if, when he gets married, and moves out.. his wife will think it's weird that I still come over to "check on him". Oh well, she'll probably just have to get used to it!

1 comment:

TBrooks said...

Oh my gosh! I so remember being at your house when Alex went to bed and you would check on him!!! What happened to the time?!? I know you posted this a while ago, but I was catching up today on stuff...